Yew Seng YIP
General Manager/ Vice President Business Development at ARETE and Management Committee Member at INCOSE
A technical, management & investment professional with over 25 years of experience in the system engineering, telecom/infocom and electronics industries. Proven track record in leading organizations provide cost-effective products/solutions, sustainable operations and create successful ventures, with superior results and often within tight time frames and limited budgets.
Specializations include R&D, product development and management, project and operation management, systems engineering (including lifecycle support), intellectual property management, market study & technology intelligence, technology commercialization & investment, regulatory & standards etc. Extensive business knowledge of radio, wireless, mobile (LTE, 5G, WiFi) , info-security, government (including public security & defence), enterprise solutions and consumer markets from working in blue-chip MNCs, GLCs, government and academia.
Singapore Citizen. Lived and worked in the USA, UK, Israel, China and Cambodia before.
- Full profit & loss responsibility for $100m project. Outsourced non-core activities saving $1m for company; and yet retained workforce for higher value-added roles.
- Built new R&D team and translated technologies into intellectual properties (eg inventions), innovative products/solutions, quality improvement, cost-savings and commercial gains.
- Secured big value projects from customer through tender or pre-marketing efforts. Created new business opportunities in RFID, RDS, new generation radios etc, resulting in revenues of US$10’s millions.
- Investment: Successfully negotiated favourable commercial rights with investees and investment partners.
- Technology commercialization: Successfully licensed technologies with value of S$2m.
- Department Manager: Best Profit and EVA (economic value add) results in company
- Leadership positions in telecom communities and good working network with regional and global regulators and SDOs (eg 3GPP)